Native-speaker Translator and Interpreter since 1999 from Italian into Portuguese.
Areas of expertise: hotel, tourism, building, mechanical, electrical, electronic, and paper industries, marketing, software localisation and web pages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, medical, training, and legal.
- BA in SocialSciences, 1992 (Brazil).
- MA in SocialAnthropology, 1994 –1996 (Brazil).
in Brazil: (the last three posts in a career that started in 1979).
- Head of education and staff management in the registration office of a social services institute for sales agents, 1986-1993.
- Head officer of the healthcare conventions office of a private healthcare institute, 1994-1995.
- Managing director of a private healthcare institute, 1996-1999.
in Italy: (from August 1990 the present day).
- Interpreter, translator, and foreign-correspondence assistant for a number of Brazilian construction companies.
- Interpreter and translator for Italian companies in the mechanical, paper, and construction sectors.
- Translator for Italian hotels (web pages).
- Translator for Italian translation companies in the electrical, electronic, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, medical, education, and legal sectors.
- Translator for marketing and web agencies (web pages and software).
- Volunteer translator for Wikimedia.
- Language consultant.
- Linguistic and cultural liaison consultant for a social promotion association.
Participation in discussion forums on translation:
- Biblit – ideas and resources for literary translators.
- Langit – run by Università Ca’Foscari, Venice.
- Intramel – translators from and into Italian.
- Ombrelettriche – translators on audiovisual and multimedia translation for the cinema, television, and theatre.
- Localizzazione – Yahoo group for localizers and technical translators.
- Trad-Prt – for Portuguese technical and scientific translators.
- Tradutores – for Portuguese translators.
- Litterati – for literary translators.
Courses and e-learning:
- Seminar “Translators and Publishers – Seeking and Managing Professional Contacts”, 2003 (Italy).
- “Entry-level Course on Wordfast CAT (Computer-Aided Translation)”, 2005 (Italy).
- Seminar “The Use of the Internet and the Web for Translators”, 2005 (Italy).
- Course “Marketing for Translators”, 2006 (Italy).
- Mini master course for aspiring entrepreneurs “Orienting Your Entrepreneurial Ideas”, Lucca Chamber of Commerce, 2007 (Italy).
- Course (e-learning) “An Introduction to Wordfast”, 2007 (Brazil).
- Course “The Sworn Translator”, 2008 (Italy).
- Seminar (e-learning) “Subtitling Films – What It Is, How It Is Done, and How the Market Works”, 2008 (Brazil).
- Course (e-learning) “Learning the New Rules of Portuguese”, 2009 (Brazil).
- E-learning refresher courses and events European School of Translation (Italy) www.e-schooloftranslation.org
- E-learning refresher courses and events Aulavox Negócios e Educação (Brazil) www.aulavox.com
- Seminar “Translating the Fashion World – Creativity and Discipline”, 2009 (Italy).
Born in Blumenau – SC – Brazil, 26 September 1963.
Nationality: Italian and Brazilian
Resident in Italy since 1999.
- Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo Pi 1500, Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo View LCD L19-2W, Intel Pentium 4 HT 641 (3.20GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB), HD 160GB – RAM 2GB. Operating system: Windows XP Home 2000.
- LaptopASUS X52JC, Intel Core i5 – M430. HD 500GB. RAM 4GB. Nvidia GeForce 310M 1GBvideo memory, DVD±R±RW SM DL, Wi-Fi, Webcam. Operating system: Windows 7 HomePremium.
Software: Wordfast, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe Reader, Mozilla Thunderbird, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player, Google Desktop Search, IRIS Desktop Search, WinRAR, Windows Live Messenger, Skype, Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite, doPDF6, ReadIRISpro 11 (converter), Flip7 (spelling and grammar checker in Portuguese and Italian), Dike (Firma Digitale, InfoCert – Ente Certificatore, Babylon7. A well-stocked electronic and print library of monolingual and bilingual dictionaries and grammar books (Italian, Portuguese, English).
Internet connection: ADSL Vodafone.
Peripheral devices: Multipla HP Deskjet F4280 (printer/scanner/photocopier), Philips ToUcam webcam, Smart Card digital signature reader, external HD Packard Bell 250GB.
Italian VAT/IVA no:
Italian tax code: